Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kids

Today's post I would like to talk about kids. I know many people out there have OCD issues with bathing and soaping up, even with their children. I have been there too. However, I've never been like that with my child. The more I bathe her the more her skin dries up and becomes itchy. At school they have the kids washing their hands so much (and with crappy soap) that she comes home with red, painful, scaly hands. Previously I would try to do every other day or every two days with baths/showers. I didn't even use soap, unless she's visibly gross. Almost all dirt and food are water soluble. That means the water will grab the dirt and food and wash it away. No need for soap to do this. What soap does is grabs the oils. How oily does your kid get? Um, my kid really doesn't produce any oils. If she hits day 3 without a bath her hair has some oils in it. Not disgusting, just something I notice.

So, with that said, Lily will be joining me on this journey. Its all 3 of us no 'poo-ing! I am absolutely positive that Lily's hair will be just as gorgeous if not better without shampoo. She could care less at this age what happens in the shower/bath, as long as it doesn't interfere with her playtime :)



Here's Lily on day 2 of no 'poo. Hair looks as it normally does.


Here she is on day 4. Looks MUCH better than my hair! However, because she is so young she doesn't have the hormones that would produce the sebum that us adults produce.


I know so of you gasp at my bathing routine for my child. But I will have you know that she is amazingly healthy. Rarely gets sick and has no allergies or skin issues. To me this is success!

As I post this I am on day 7 of no 'poo. My hair feels thicker, but its sort of strange. Not used to my hair being like this AT ALL! Some people would go straight back to shampoo at this point, but my curiosity of what it will look like down the road far outweighs my desire to grab the shampoo and lather up.


Here's me and Lily day 6. I look a little wacky (had a melt down over mortgage paperwork). However, our hair looks pretty good :) If you compare to day 1, my hair is much thicker.




No comments:

Post a Comment