Wednesday, February 22, 2012

5 days!

Watch out Justin Beiber, here comes MY awesome hair!

So, on day one when I posted my no 'poo on facebook my husband decided to join in with me. I know you all will enjoy this! He decided to do this because I was getting so much flack for doing this "no 'poo" experiment. His caption to his picture was, "I followed Natalie's lead by trying baking soda instead of shampoo. I want my shampoo and conditioner back! I'm sorry Proctor and Gamble, I'll never think for myself again." He's so supportive :)



 
On day 2 I woke up assuming I'd be a greasy mess. Short, thin, fine hair, mixed with being a very warm (slightly sweaty) sleeper could not make for a good outcome in the morning. But, I was pleasantly surprised! Now, I don't know if by noon it would be as presentable, but at least I have piece of mind that approx 24 hours and it was ok. So, I'm going to use BS today (Monday) because I have school/work. I am a dental hygiene student and see patients on Monday, Thursday and Friday. No one wants a hygienist who looks as though she can't keep herself clean, so therefore BS in my shower it is. However, Tuesday and Wednesday no patients, so no one to see my oily mop!


Monday night I took a WO (water only) shower and went to bed (with my laptop). As I lay on my pillow I started thinking, "when I stop washing my hair, will my pillowcase be nasty?" I guess we will find out!  If I'm rinsing my hair at least a few times a week I can't imagine there would be anything too horrible hanging out on my head :)


So here are Tuesday's pictures (above). This is day 4 of no 'poo. Not horrible. Scares me a little. Afraid of what tomorrow will be!



Here are Wednesday's pictures (day 5 no 'poo). Took these around 3pm. There is definitely more oil than the last couple days. Again, haven't used BS or ACV. Just using water. 


  
My hair has gotten fuller and a little thicker. It feels different but I'm sure it will change more and more every week! Tomorrow I will be using BS and ACV but will wait until Monday to use any again. Will be WO for 3 days! I have decided that I don't want to just completely quit using BS. I want to do a gradual transition. So, I'll go 2 days WO, then 3, then 4. You get the picture. I have no idea what sort of results this will produce but I will keep you informed and will show pictures through the process.







1 comment:

  1. You are so brave!
    I tried going the other day w/out shampoo...by 1pm I am a greasy mess...then I try to freshen w/ dry shampoo...urgh...then my hair is not soft, it just knots up...I think your hair actually looks thicker and fuller on day 5...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete