Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 1 - No Poo

Hair Hell or Hair Heaven. I name it this because there is no way for me to know at this point what the outcome will be. I can tell you this though, my hair has been hair hell for quite some time and I'm hoping for a little slice of heaven through this experiment. 

I am going to attempt to go 6 weeks with no shampoo. The hair activists have called this going no-poo. Not to be confused with constipation, of course. I still do not know if I am doing ZERO hair product. What I can tell you is that I will use it very sparingly but will let you know if I do. Maybe for a date or something. Not sure how this will effect my hair either. I have read post after post, and article after article, and what I have gathered is that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! Seriously, what one person struggles with another has no issues.

I will be posting pictures with every post as well. This will hopefully let others see that this could be an awesome revelation. Or this could merely show that shampoo is an amazing necessity that women all over should be unwaveringly grateful for. Only time will tell. 

So, with my first post, on day 1, I have this picture. As you can see, my hair lacks body. However, the greasiness is low to non-existent. I showered and used 2 tsp BS (baking soda) with 1 cup of water. Massaged my scalp and left it on for about a minute. Then followed it up with an ASV (apple cider vinegar) rinse which was 1 tsp with 1 cup water.



My goal: to go more than one day without a shower and feeling greasy. When using regular shampoo, whether cheap or expensive, I cannot last 1 day without my hair looking horribly oily. Its not that I'm lazy, I just feel that we really don't need showers EVERY SINGLE DAY (unless exercising and creating a lot of sweat). 

Stay tuned for Thursday's post (Feb 23). I will go Tuesday and Wednesday with no BS (baking soda). I will shower WO (water only). Let's see what happens!!!





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, the things women do for their hair. That baking powder and vinegar mixture seems like an awful lot of work--but if it works for you, then go!

    ReplyDelete