Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Hair Is Amazing!

Ok, so I didn't have super high hopes with the no 'poo method. Nothing had worked for me for 35 years, why would this be the miracle cure?

Well, here is day 13 and my hair is full with body and is super soft too! I say that it has body, but you have to keep in mind that my hair is very thin and fine, so you have to judge it for what it is :) I blow dried it on low and used a round brush. Back when I used shampoo and I blow dried without any product I would end up with no bounce and no body within 5 minutes. This didn't happen today! Its really hard to show how great my hair is in this picture, you'll have to take my word for it.


I didn't last until Friday for WO. I didn't exactly see the point. My ultimate plan is to do BS/ACV 2- 3 times a week MAX. Not sure what will happen in the long haul but we'll see. I'm very pleased with my results of no shampoo and if this is how I do my hair for the next 30 years it will be wonderful!

Here's Brandon's no 'poo pic for day 13 as well. He hasn't used BS or ACV for over a week now and his hair looks amazing! He uses coconut oil in the front instead of beeswax. His hair looks like it has product in it and it holds shape very well :)

Just a quick sample of my recipe of my hair
2-3 teaspoons BS
2 cups water (16oz approx)
I didn't use all of this in one wash, its just what I put into my "shampoo" bottle. I probably use about 1/4-1/3 of the bottle per wash. May seem like a lot, but remember, its mostly water.

Today I put this in dry hair (in shower but hadn't wet it down yet) This helped me keep it more on my roots and oily areas vs my drier ends. Kept it on for about a minute and then thoroughly rinsed.

approx 1/4 cup ACV (maybe less)
2 cups water (16 oz)

With the ACV mixture I take a washcloth, dip it in the mixture and wipe it on my ends only (as best I can considering the short length of my hair). I try to avoid my more oily areas (back of hair by neck). Remember, if you decide to try this, everyone has different hair and different oil build up. You have to play around with the recipe a little.

I would totally avoid the ACV part, but I have heard horror stories of people's hair drying up and becoming brittle. Can't skip this part because of the need to close the cuticle of the hair (keep from damaging the hair).

I don't think I ever really had a horrible phase like some people have. Unless I just haven't had it yet. My hair seems to be "normalizing" very quickly, which I am VERY happy with! I think my worst days were probably day 6-10....give or take.



3 comments:

  1. You are so brave! I can't wait to see what the future brings; it sounds really tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I'm still in the early stages so I hope it gets even better :) It still gets oily after a day or so, but its much better than it was!

      Delete
  2. Very few of the no-poo converts have hair like mine. By your description, and from what I see, you do. So yes, I see lots of body in your hair.

    I wash my hair every day. I can't remember when I didn't wash it every day. And of course I condition too.

    Today, I washed it with water only. I don't think I can stomach the super oily transition period, go to work, be a single mom dating with oily hair.

    So I might try baking soda tomorrow. To me, that's a huge transition. My thought is to slowly wean my scalp so that it requires "cleaning" less and less frequently. I believe even my water only was a huge thing. At least I didn't entirely strip it.

    ReplyDelete