Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week 4 - Corn Starch!


I have completed 4 weeks and I'm in week 5. Unlike my husband I cannot go more than a few days without baking soda/vinegar. He has not washed his hair this ENTIRE TIME! His hair looks great too! However, today I'd like to share with you my new discovery. CORN STARCH!





Corn starch is a new weapon that has been brought into my arsenal. I'm sure my mom and my grandmother would be like, "yeah, duh, I coulda told ya that!" So, corn starch soaks up the oil. All you need is a tsp or so and you rub it in to your oily areas and brush it out. VOILA! Last time I washed (BS) was on Saturday and here's a picture of me (with hubby and Lily in background).


hair looks fluffy doesn't it? 

Back to the corn starch. I am on day 3 of water only and its getting oily. I thought by now the oil production would be lessening but maybe I have done more damage to my hair than I thought! So, here are some pictures before I put in the corn starch.























Now, here are the after pictures.





















Now, YOU may not be able to tell the difference, but I can! I have no idea if this is a long lasting effect. Will the corn starch work for 20 minutes or 4 hours? I guess I'll have to let you know. I know that baby powder will do the same thing but I didn't want to smell like that. Its a cute smell.....for babies :)
I have less than 2 weeks to go on this journey and I have to say that I am SO GLAD that I discovered this because I have never loved my hair more!




3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this. There really is a noticeably positive difference in your hair. I have very oily hair. I've been strictly using organic hair products for years and my hair doesn't get as oily as fast as it did before switching to organic, but it's certainly still oily. Maybe you just have naturally oily hair. Question... As much as I've LOVED switching to organic hair products, I could never go as extreme as you have because I greatly enjoy the aromatherapy that comes from an array of stimulating scents in the shower. I'm a citrus whore. ...So how is the lack of that affecting you? Or was it never something you cared about all that much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Vanessa, as a general rule I try to limit my whorish tendencies :) But to answer your question, it doesn't affect me. I could care less if I smell good. Its if I smell bad that I worry about. And fyi, if you use ACV you don't smell it once your hair dries. But I think they have yummy smelling stuff you could use as an alternative.....oils and such.

      Delete